Saturday, July 17, 2010

Going solo

I always get excited when Kaylee learns something new, especially when I don't take an extra effort to show her how to do it and she learns on her own because it's amazing to me how much she observes but on the other hand it makes me sad because I feel like she doesn't need me anymore. I know she does, but it just makes me sad seeing her growing up so fast....anyway I never really showed her or thought her how to feed her self with a fork, well she has been watching me do it for like a year now, but I almost never let her do it by herself because I didn't want to clean up the mess after she was done. I would just stick the food on the fork for her and let her put it in her mouth by herself but lately she has been doing great without my help. There is hardly any mess left, only a piece or two on the ground. She has been eating like this for some time now but I just now recorded it. I'm proud of her


1 comment:

B+S said...

She's a big girl now--feeding herself and everything, wow! Also, her hair is getting long! Can't wait to see you when you get back! Miss you!