Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ruby Jane Taylor

This sweet, beautiful baby girl passed away a week ago awaiting a liver transplant. She was 7 months old. I unfortunately didn't know her, but her story touched me so much. I have been following her family's blog to see how she was progressing and I prayed and fasted for her and her family. And I still do. I even wanted to be considered as a living donor for her, but our blood type didn't match. My liver would probably be too big for her anyway, but I would have tried, because looking at her picture.... I just couldn't stand the thought of her mom loosing her.I'm not sure why I feel so strongly about Ruby's story since I don't know her or her family, I guess it's the mother in me. I just can't even begin to imagine what her beautiful mom is going through right now. My heart aches knowing that Ruby's mom will have to wait a while until she can hold her baby girl again, kiss her cheeks and see her pretty smile again. And because of this, I am a better mom today. I love and enjoy waking up in the middle of the night to feed my baby girl and to snuggle and kiss her some more. I am more patient, more loving and I drop whatever I'm doing that "needs" to be done so I can roll around the floor with Kaylee, tickle her and laugh with her because there are moms out there that have their hands empty, and I would be ashamed to waste this precious time.....
So today, and every day, when your kids drag mud inside the house, when they spill a glass full of juice on the floor, when they creatively paint your walls with crayons or loose your favorite pair of earrings, remember Ruby, be thankful that you have someone to clean all this mess after and try to kiss and hug your loved ones more often. This is for you Ruby, I will never forget you.



If you would like to read Ruby's story, go to http://www.aniandmatttaylor.blogspot.com/
If you would like to donate to help cover the Taylor's medical bills, please go to http://www.rubyjanetaylor.blogspot.com/ or you can go to the same page to be a part of auction that will donate all the profit to the Taylor family.
Or go to http://www.bowsforruby.org/ to purchase a bow or a head band for the same cause.

No comments: